solar geyser

(The power of own power generation)
(Solar Geyser, Roof top solar PV panels, solar power based home appliances and wind energy)

solar geyser

by mamta.j0496@gmail.com » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:58 pm

I am from Jaipur.We live in a place, where sun is available throughout the year. How do I plan to install a solar geyser? What are the other areas where I can convert to solar?

Re: solar geyser

by Slashbill » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi Mamta, thanks for writing to us,

Solar geyser:
With the help of solar energy, solar geyser can provide hot water for daily usage.
Solar geyser contains an array of collectors to collect solar energy, and an insulated tank to store heated water.
Two types of solar geysers are available a. Flat plate collector (FPC) which is of metallic type and b. Evacuated tube collector (ETC) which is made of glass.

Factors Influencing the Energy Consumption of Geyser:
•How frequent you use your geyser
•The temperature difference of water(the difference between initial temperature and to which temperature the water is required to heat)
•The tank capacity of geyser
Cost of solar geyser:
A 100 litre solar geyser which is useful for a family of 3 to 4 people, costs around 15,000 to 24,000 rupees (excluding piping and stands cost).
Savings:
A 100 litre solar geyser which is suitable for a family of 3-4 people can save 1000 to 1200 units of electricity per annum (it may varies according to usage and availability of sun). Your investment can be returned within 3 to 4 years.

To answer the second part of your question, where can I convert to solar, there are lot of opportunities in a home to get maximum out of solar and save big. One can generate power locally by using solar energy to serve energy needs of house. Install a roof top solar system and with the help of the solar energy you can provide power supply to lighting, television and ceiling fans etc. (it depends upon solar rooftop system rating and battery back-up) If you are producing excessive amount of energy than what you need then the remaining power can be sell to grid(to local distribution companies).

To know more about monetary aspects of solar energy please follow our advisory article
http://www.slashbill.com/slashbilladvis ... ation.html

Here is the example who could be your inspiration
https://yourstory.com/2017/01/solar-suresh/
---Slashbill Team
Site Admin